Do you want to learn how to modify texture brushes? If so, there are many ways to modify a texture brush, from resetting it, opening its properties and changing settings, changing a stroke, to assigning a permanent color to it, renaming it, and more. The device you are using, as well as the version of Sketchbook you are running, will determine the options available.
- Import a new texture - Tap Import, find a TIFF, JPEG, or PNG to use for the new texture, then tap Open to use the image as the texture.
- Select a new texture - Tap the arrow in the bottom right corner of the current texture stamp. This opens a menu of textures. Tap one to use it as the new texture.
- Use the sliders to change the scale, brightness, and/or contrast of the texture.
- Invert the texture
- Setting color on a Shape texture brush
- Change the brush edge
- Change the brush type
Adjust the brush stamp for a Do-It-Yourself brush – Adjust the roundness, rotation, spacing, space randomize, rotation randomize, and brush edge of a Do-It-Yourself brush.
- Setting brush stamp roundness and rotation – Use the Roundness and Rotation sliders in the Brush Properties window to control the shape of the brush stamp.
- Setting brush spacing – Use the Spacing slider in the Brush Properties window to control the spacing between these stamps.
INFORMATION: If you keep Brush Properties open when using a texture brush, you can change rotate the texture or change any other settings as you sketch.