Jump to Mobile
Do you want to create a brush stroke that looks like you’ve painted over a surface with a texture, such as canvas, or like you’ve shaded over a piece of paper with a coin underneath it? You can import the texture you want to create this effect and add another dimension to your stroke.
Importing textures in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
- With a brush selected, tap to open Brush Properties.
- In Brush Properties, tap the Advanced tab, scroll down to Nib and open it, scroll down to Texture, and add a check to activate it.
- Tap Import.
- Locate the texture, select it, and tap Open. The display in Brush Properties updates to show the texture.
You can also capture textures from your canvas, as another way to create or edit texture brushes.
Importing textures in Sketchbook on mobile devices
- double-tap a brush icon in the Brush Palette to open its properties (or tap the active brush icon one time)
or open the Brush Library to select a brush, and then tap over to the Settings tab to get to brush properties
- tap the Advanced tab, scroll down to Nib and open it, scroll down to Texture, and add a check to activate it.
- Tap Import.
- Locate the texture, and select it. The display in Brush Properties automatically updates to show the texture
NOTE: capturing textures from your canvas is not available on mobile devices.