The device you are using, as well as the version of Sketchbook you are running, will determine whether you can create custom brush icons.
IMPORTANT: Sketchbook doesn't currently support the importing of brush icons on mobile devices.
Custom icons cannot be assigned to default brushes.
You can also create a brush icon by capturing the stamp of a brush, if this functionality is supported in your version of Sketchbook. In Brush Properties > Advanced tab, scroll down to Texture and capture the texture stamp.
Here are some things to know when creating brush icons:
Recommended size: 40 x 40 for LD and 80 x 80 for HD.
- If the image size is larger than the recommended, it will be scaled down to the recommended.
- If the image size is smaller than the recommended, its size won’t change.
- Supported image format: PNG, JPG, or TIFF.
Importing brush icons in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
Once you have created an icon (see the recommended size and format above), the next step is assigning it to a brush.
- With a brush selected, tap to open Brush Properties.
- Tap the icon next to the brush name to open a menu of icons.
- Select Import…
Only PNG, JPG, and TIFF images can be imported as brush icons.
- In the dialog that appears, locate and select the icons you want to bring into Sketchbook, then tap Open.