Jump to Mobile
The Brush Properties looks slightly different depending on the platform you're on. The device you are using, as well as the version of Sketchook you are running, will determine the brushes and tools available.
All the Brush Libraries contain an assortment of default brush sets. Depending on your platform, you may also get a set of Texture brushes, Smudge brushes, Synthetic Paint brushes, and an assortment of other art, designer, and fun brushes. You can also create Do-It-Yourself brushes.
Using the Brush Library in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
In the Brush Palette, tap to access the Brush Library.
- Name of the brush and set it is in
- Brush stamp
- Brush set name
- Current active brush
- Library marking menu
- Rearrange icons
- Scroll for accessing more brush sets
- Bar to show or hide more of the Brush Properties
Library marking menu
Create custom sets to group and manage brushes. Export sets for others to use or save them to an external drive. Import and use brush sets created by others. Label your brush sets to help identify them. When you tap within a brush set, appears. When you tap-hold it, brush options appear.
- In the Brush Library, tap
- Select an options:
- New Brush Set – Create a new brush set.
- Export Brush Set – Share brushes with people working on different platforms.
- Import Brush Set – Load an exported zipped brush set file into the Brush Library.
- Delete Brush Set – Remove the selected brush set from the Brush Library.
- Pin Set To Palette – Replaces the Brush Palette brushes with the selected set’s brushes.
- New Brush – Create a new brush and add it to the selected brush set.
- Copy Brush – Create a duplicate of a selected brush and add it to the selected brush set.
- Delete Brush – Permanently remove a selected brush.
Using the Brush Library in Sketchbook for mobile devices
The device you are using, as well as the version of Sketchbook you are running, will determine the features you see in the Brush Library.
- Library - tap to switch to the Brush Library
- Settings - tap to switch to Brush Properties
- Brush Name
- Brush Stroke
- Brush Set Name - tap a brush in the set to access the Pin option for loading the brush set into the Brush Palette.
- Exit - tap to return to the canvas
Accessing the Brush Library on a tablet
If you’re UI is hidden, tap to access the Brush Library. See Rapid UI Mode for more instruction.
- Tap to access the Brush Library and an assortment of brush sets. If you see sliders, instead of brushes, at the top of the screen tap Library to return to the Brush Library.
- Flick up or down within the library to reveal more brush sets.
- Tap the X at the bottom of your screen to close the library.
NOTE: Another way to access the Brush Library is to tap to access the Double Puck, then tap the top portion of the puck.