Jump to Mobile
Want to know how to cut and paste layers? If so, read below, as cutting and pasting is slightly different, depending on the version of Sketchbook you are using.
Cutting and pasting layers in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
If you want to cut and paste content, use one of the selection tools and make your selection:
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+X (Win) or Command+X (Mac) to cut the content
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+V (Win) or Command+V (Mac) to paste.
See Selection tools for information on using the selection tools.
Cutting and pasting layers in Sketchbook for mobile devices
- In the Layer Editor, tap a layer to select it.
- Double-tap the layer you want to cut content from to access the Layer menu.
- Then, tap to remove the content from the layer.
To paste content onto another layer, either create a new layer or select a layer and tap .
Removing parts of an image
If you want to remove parts of an image, such as the background, use the Selection tools in conjunction with Cut.
Repeat this for each element you want to separate.