Jump to Mobile
Whenever you want to create new content and have it live separately from everything else, you will need to create layers (add layers).
- If you want to create a layer above an existing layer, select the existing layer, then add the new layer. It will appear above.
- If you add a layer and it isn't in the order you want, you can reorder your layers.
The number of layers is device dependent, meaning that if you have a super powerful device, you will have more layers. Smaller canvases will give you more layers than massive canvases, due to the demands placed on the device.
INFORMATION: For Mobile users, see the article, Sketchbook Mobile: Maximum layers and canvas size, to get an idea of the number of layers available to you.
Adding a layer in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
To add a layer to your sketch, do either:
- From the toolbar, tap to access the Layer Editor (if not visible), then select the layer, tap-hold and flick .
- Besides using the layer marking menu, from the toolbar, you can also tap to access the Layer Editor (if not visible), then tap or tap and select New Layer.
Adding a layer in Sketchbook for mobile devices
To add a layer to your sketch, in the Layer Editor:
- In the Layer Editor, tap a layer to select it.
- At the top of the editor, tap . In both the canvas and Layer Editor, the new layer appears above the other layers and becomes the active layer.
To reposition it, see How to reorder layers.