Jump to Mobile
Whenever you want to create new content and have it live separately from everything else, you will need to create layers (add layers).
- When you add a layer, it will appear above the current active layer
- If you add a layer and it isn't in the order you want, you can reorder your layers.
The number of layers is device dependent, meaning that if your device has a lot of available memory, you can have more layers. Smaller canvases will give you more layers than massive canvases, due to the demands placed on the device.
INFORMATION: For Mobile users, see the article, Maximum layers and canvas size on mobile, to get an idea of the number of layers available to you.
Adding a layer in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
To add a layer to your sketch, do either:
- At the top left of the Layer Editor, tap
- tap the menu in the Layer Editor, and select New Layer
- tap the marking menu on a layer , and sweep up to choose to add a layer
- use the hotkey combination Ctrl+L (Windows) or ⌘L (Mac)
Adding a layer in Sketchbook for mobile devices
To add a layer to your sketch, in the Layer Editor:
- In the Layer Editor, tap a layer to select it.
- At the top of the editor, tap . In both the canvas and Layer Editor, the new layer appears above the other layers and becomes the active layer.
To reposition it, see Reordering layers.