You can download free Sketchbook brushes from our Extras library!
There are some key points you should keep in mind:
- You can only install extra brushes on on Sketchbook Pro for desktop (Mac and Windows version 8.x or higher) and Autodesk SketchBook UWP version 5.x
- Extra brushes will not install on the iOS and Android versions of Sketchbook
- If you download the brushes and they aren't automatically installed, you can manually import the brush set. Check out the next section.
Manually installing a brush set
- Tap to open the Brush Library.
- Tap the upper right corner of a brush set to access its marking menu.
- Select Import Brush Set.
- Locate the downloaded brushes (usually in your Downloads folder). Though the files are in .zip format, there is no need to extract them.
- Tap Open.
Issues importing the free brush .zip files
The .zip format can be an issue when using the Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browser to download. To correct this issue, use a different browser, such as Google Chrome. The zipped file will download correctly and you will have .skbrushes format files.
NOTE: The zipped files can be imported into the desktop version of Sketchbook Pro without extracting.
Shout-out to Reddit user jrush2klb who let us know he posted a Mega Set of Sketchbook brushes for bulk download - find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SketchbookPro/comments/n95maj/sketchbook_pro_free_brushes_mega_set/