When finished with the layer content on a couple layers, you can merge layers, using one of the merge tools to combine them.
There are two merge tools:
- Merge with below takes the selected layer and combines it with the layer below.
- Merge all layers combines all your layers. Use these to free up layers for creating other content.
People using the free version will find this feature extremely useful, since they are limited to 3 layers. Use either of the merge tools to combine two or more layers. If you have reached your layer limit, merging is the way to free up a layer or two.
Merging layers in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
Merge with below
Combine two layers into one.
Tap the upper layer and flick toward to merge it with the one below or press Cmd+E for Mac or Ctrl+E for Windows.
Merge all layers
Combine all layers to create a project with one layer.
- Flick toward to merge them, even hidden (which become visible) or locked ones.
- Unhide all layers to be merged. Hidden layers will be lost.
Merging layers in Sketchbook for mobile devices
- In the Layer Editor, tap a layer to select it.
Ensure the layer to be merged is above the one it will be merged with. If it isn’t, reposition it. See Reordering layers.
- Double-tap a layer to access the Layer Editor marking menu.
- Tap to merge two layers or to merge all.
- Then, tap OK.
Merging layers in Sketchbook for Windows 10
There are three merging options to choose from:
- Merge With Below – Combine two layers together. Tap the upper layer and select Merge With Below to merge it with the one below.
In the Layer Editor radial menu, you can also flick toward .
- Merge All Layers – Combine all layers, including hidden and locked, to create a project with one layer. If you don’t want hidden content included, use Merge Visible Layers.
In the Layer Editor radial marking menu, you can also flick toward .
- Merge Visible Layers – Combine only the visible layers, while not affecting the hidden ones. If locked layers are visible, the will be merged.
Once the content of a layer is finalized, use either Merge Visible Layers or Merge All Layers to combine more than two layers.
Merging using the Layer Menu
- In the Layer Editor, ensure that the layer to be merged must be above the one it will be merged with. If it isn’t, reposition it. See Reordering layers.
- Tap and select on of the Merge tools.