Jump to Mobile
Want to copy layers and then paste the content elsewhere and reposition it? If so, read below, as copy and pasting is slightly different, depending on the version of Sketchbook you are using.
Copying and pasting layers in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
To copy a layer, you can duplicate the layer, which creates a copy of it and adds it into the Layer Editor. See Duplicating layers for how to do this.
If you want to copy and paste content, use one of the selection tools and make your selection, then do the following:
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+C (Win) or Command+C (Mac) to copy the content.
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+V (Win) or Command+V (Mac) to paste.
See Introduction to Selection Tools for information on using the selection tools.
Copying and pasting layers in Sketchbook for mobile devices
- In the Layer Editor, tap a layer to select it.
- Tap the selected layer again to open the Layer menu.
- Tap , then to add the copied layer to the editor.
- Finally, use the additional tools to reposition it.