Jump to Mobile
You may have a texture that would be perfect, if only the darks were lights and the lights were darks. Why should that even matter? Well, the dark and light areas define the “bumps” and “crevices” that compose your texture. Use Invert to switch them. You can immediately see the effect in the Brush Properties preview.
In the example above, the same texture was used, it was just inverted.
Inverting a texture in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
- With a brush selected, tap to open Brush Properties.
- In Brush Properties, tap the Advanced tab, scroll down to Nib and open it, scroll down to Texture, and add a check to activate it.
- Place a check in the Invert box to invert the texture.
Inverting a texture in Sketchbook for mobile devices
- Open the brush properties for the brush you want to update.
- Tap the Advanced tab, scroll down to Nib and open it, scroll down to Texture
- Turn the option to the right of Invert ON.