NOTE: the FlipBook feature is only available in Sketchbook Pro for Mac and Windows desktop.
You can export and save your sequenced image and FlipBook animation files in the following formats:
- Sequential PNG
- Sequential PSD
- MOV (MacOS only)
- WMV (Windows only)
- Animated GIF
Exporting your animation
There are two export options for your flipbook: Export Current Frame and Export FlipBook.
Export Current Frame
If you want to export a still frame, use Export Current Frame.
- Select File > Export Current Frame.
- In the Save As dialog, set the file format (BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF, or PSD). By default, the image will be saved to your desktop.
- If you would like to change the location, do so before saving.
- Tap Save.
If you want to share your animation, you can export it as a movie or sequence of images.
- Select File > Export FlipBook.
- Choose the exported format of the FlipBook
NOTE: When Animated GIF is selected as the exported format, you can choose to loop the playback when the file is generated.
If you want the background color included in the exported file, check Include Background Color.
- Set the frame range of the exported file.
If you don't want to change the size and frame rate of the exported FlipBook, check Match Document Settings.
- Tap Export. By default, the image will be saved to your desktop.
If you would like to change the location, do so before saving.
- Tap Save.
Saving a FlipBook project for editing later
Go to File > Save or Save As to you save your flipbook animation as a
.skba, which can be read and edited by Sketchbook Pro.