NOTE: The Gallery folders are only available on Sketchbook for mobile devices.
At the top of the thumbnail view, you will see Untitled. Tap this to access folders, organize your sketches, delete sketches or folders, or restore mistakenly deleted sketches.
Accessing the folder view
In the Gallery, along the top of the toolbar, tap the folder name. This opens to the folders, showing the thumbnail and all sketches in that folder. Along the top of the screen are all your folders. When you select a folder, the contents of it appear below the folders. This is also where the Trash folder is located.
Creating a folder
Tap to create a folder for your sketches.
Renaming a folder
To rename a folder, tap the folder name and enter the new name.
Adding sketches to a folder
To add sketches to a folder, tap to enter Selection mode, tap all the sketches you want added to the folder, tap-hold a sketch, then drag onto a folder.
Deleting a folder
For Android users
When you delete a folder it and all its contents are permanently deleted. There is no way to recover the deleted content.
To delete a folder, tap-hold the folder until appears in the toolbar below.
Tap to delete the folder.
Tap Yes to delete or Cancel to cancel.
For iOS users
- To delete a folder, tap-hold the folder until you see it enlarge slightly.
Lift your finger. A Delete Album option appears just below the folder area.
Tap Delete Album to delete the selected folder. A warning appears to ensure you don’t delete something accidentally.
Tap Yes to delete the folder.
Deleting sketches within a folder
- To delete one or more sketches, tap , then the sketch or sketches from the Gallery or from within a folder.
- Tap and select Delete. The sketch appears in the Trash folder.
The Trash folder
The Trash folder houses all sketches you’ve initially deleted from the Gallery. When you delete a sketch, this is where is goes. However, if you ever mistakenly delete something, you can get it back with Restore selected sketch.
When you tap the Trash folder, thumbnails of its content appear. At this point, you can do any of the following:
- Tap a sketch, , then Restore selected sketch to remove the sketch from Trash and return it to where it was before.
- Tap a sketch, , then Delete selected sketch to permanently delete it from Trash and the app.
- Tap a sketch, , then Empty Trash to permanently delete the contents of Trash and the app.
- Tap to set how many files are kept in Trash at any one time. If the number of sketches exceeds this number, the first sketches will be permanently deleted.