See what’s new in the latest version of SketchBook.
There are different trials of the SketchBook subscription:
- If you are a Windows/Mac user and get the app from SketchBook.com, we offer a 15 consecutive day trial.
- If you like getting your apps from the Mac App Store, we offer a free 7 day trial.
- If you want the app on your mobile device, we offer a 7 day trial.
- If you want Motion on your 64-bit iPad Air gen 1 +, iPad Pro gen 1 +, or iPad mini gen 2 +, we offer a free 7 day trial. Download it from here.
The trial for Windows/Mac users
What do I get this the trial?
You get the Pro toolset on all your machines (Windows/Mac) and devices (with the exception of Windows tablets) for 15 consecutive day.
How do I know how many days do I have left?
The Startup screen and title bar of your app will show how much time is left in your trial.
The trial for Mac App Store users
Anyone on the Mac App Store who wishes to check out SketchBook before purchasing a subscription can free for 7 days. Once the 7 days are up, your version of SketchBook will revert to the free version.
How do I get the trial version?
Go to the Mac App Store and download SketchBook. When you launch SketchBook for the first time, in the screen that appears, tap the Activate 7 Day Free Trial button. Once your 7 days are up, the Mac App Store will charge you for a monthly subscription.
You may be saying – but what if I decide I don’t want to subscribe? Before the end of the 7 days, you can go into Subscription Management in your Apple account and turn off Automatic Renewal. When the trial ends, SketchBook will revert to the free version.
What happens when my trial ends?
At the end of the trial, SketchBook reverts to the free version and you can continue using it. However, if you would like to keep using the Pro tools, click here for how to do that.
How to purchase a subscription once your trial expires
As of January 31, 2017, Autodesk has stopped selling licensed versions of SketchBook.
- To check out the trial, click here.
- To download SketchBook and either use the free version or purchase a subscription and get the Pro toolset, click here.
Did your trial expire, leaving you wanting to keep using the SketchBook Pro toolset? Purchase a subscription to do this. There are two subscription options to choose from: monthly and yearly. For the latest prices, go to www.sketchbook.com and scroll to the bottom of the page.
How to buy a subscription
- In the SketchBook menu bar, select My Account > SketchBook Subscription.
- In the new window, one of the following options will appear: Ready to buy or Buy. Tap the one that appears.
- Fill in the required information and follow the instructions.
Once you have finished with your purchase, click here if you have questions for what to do once you’ve purchased your subscription.
What is the difference between the Free version and Pro?
- The free version includes the tools you need to create amazing art. You get brushes, including two Copic® markers, simple layer editing, a blending brush, and rulers to bring your drawings to the next level.
- The paid subscription is the fully-featured edition of SketchBook. It’s the ideal creative companion for any digital artist. It includes the all-new perspective guides, FlipBook, symmetry tools, full Copic® Color Library, customizable brushes, unlimited layers, Steady Stroke, a magic wand selection tool, and much more.