SketchBook Mobile: Differences between free, Pro Tools, and subscription
TIP Before we get started, here’s something you might not know – though you really should:
- If you use SketchBook on a laptop or desktop computer, and don’t already have a subscription, I’d recommend downloading it (see below for more details), since it comes with free versions for all your machines and DEVICES! The other advantage is, you get free upgrades for all platforms, as long as you have a subscription.
- If you already have a subscription, then you already have access to the Pro version of SketchBook Mobile. Click here (go to the bottom of the page) for how to enable it.
Now, for the differences. Here are some videos followed by a feature-by-feature comparison.
Free basic toolset
Pro subscription toolset
Which is better for me: subscription or Pro Tools?
If you would like to get SketchBook v3 – you have a couple choices:
- Autodesk SketchBook – When you download it, you’re running the free version (which is a subset of the full version). If you want to purchase a subscription and get:
NOTE The SketchBook mobile version does not have all the same features as the desktop. It does not include FlipBook animation, perspective guides, or many of the custom brush options. See here for a comparative list for the desktop version of the app (subscription vs free).
Sign up and purchase a subscription at:
You will need to download the subscription installer from the website: https://www.sketchbook.com/desktop – click on the Download button or from within your Account settings (if you have an Autodesk account).
- Pro Tools – Once you’ve downloaded the app, in the toolbar of the mobile version, tap and select to make an in-App purchase. This gives you the current Pro toolset for the mobile version of SketchBook. This is ideal for someone who uses SketchBook only on one device. If you want to use it on other devices and on your laptop or desktop computer, get a subscription so you can run it on all of them.
- For iPhone and iPad users, Autodesk SketchBook is now available for free download on the iTunes App Store. There’s a Pro Tools pack available for purchase inside the application (tap and select to make an in-App purchase), which contains a list of advanced tools for $6.99 (CDN). You can make an in-app purchase using your Apple ID.
- For Android users, the app is available for download via Google Play and Samsung Apps. Similar to the iOS version, you can purchase the Pro Tools pack inside the app via your Google Play account.
How do I use the app with a subscription?
Click here for instructions on how to run the app on desktop, iOS, and Android.https://help.sketchbook.com/knowledgebase/sketchbook-mobile-v3-free-pro-tools/Free vs Pro Tools vs SubscriptionFeature ComparisonsSubscription and Logincomparision,differences between,free version,free version and pro,pro subscription version,pro tools,sketchbook mobile,SketchBook v3,subscription