SketchBook Desktop: Is there a trial version on desktop?
Yes, we do offer a 15 consecutive day trial of the Windows version and a 7-day trial for the Mac App Store version of SketchBook. For information on all the trial versions, see Trial version.
Where can I download the Windows trial?
Follow these steps to get SketchBook and check it out:
1. Tap www.sketchbook.com/desktop and scroll almost down to the bottom of the page.
2. Tap START FREE TRIAL to download the app. It will take you to the download page and the file will start downloading.
3. Tap the downloaded file, then tap Run and following the installation instructions.
4. Tap the SketchBook icon on your desktop to launch the app. In the window that appears, tap Activate Trial.
5. To activate the trial, sign up by entering your email and creating a password. When finished, tap Create Account. A message appears to let you know the trial was successfully installed.
6. Tap OK and do the following:
• To start sketching, tap the x in the corner.
• To try the Pro trial features, look for tools with a small dot under them. We encourage you to check these out before your trial ends.
How can I find out how many days I have left?
In the app, from the menu bar at the top, select My Account > Membership. The dialog that appears will display the numbers of days you have left in your trial.
TIP Tap Buy to download SketchBook on your iOS or Android device(s) from Apple App Store or Google Play Store (ensure you’re running v3.2 of SketchBook Mobile) to get all the Pro features in the trial. Just log in with the same account credentials you used for the trial to unlock the Pro features in the mobile versions.
What do I get with the trial?
You get tutorials and the full Pro feature sets. Look for tools with a small dot under them. These are the Pro tools.
For the tutorials, in the app, from the menu bar at the top, select My Account > SketchBook Subscription.
In the dialog that appears, tap the arrow(s) at the bottom to scroll through and check out some of the Pro features. Tap the Check Tutorials link for more information.
What happens when my trial ends?
After your 15 day trial is over, the app works with ONLY the basic free tools.
- Any files with more than 3 layers will only open as is, if you log in with a subscription. Without a subscription, the file opens as one flat image (all layers are merged into one).
- Any custom brushes created during your Pro trial, will be inaccessible. However, when you log in with a subscription, they will return.
Click here for a feature list for both the free and Pro versions.
And, to continue using all the cool Pro features, purchase a subscription through the app or at www.sketchbook.com.