[Mac App Store Version] SketchBook subscription quick start guide
Follow the steps in this guide to buy and setup a SketchBook subscription for Mac from iTunes in under 10 minutes!
NOTE If you have a promo code to use toward the purchase of a subscription, see How do I redeem a promo code?
1. Create an iTunes account
To setup a SketchBook subscription, using the App Store, you will need:
- An email address: i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org
- An iTunes account
- A SketchBook account (using your email address to login)
TIP Use same password for your Google Mail, iTunes, and SketchBook account.
2. Update credit card info in iTunes
You will need to verify your iTunes account by checking your primary and secondary email (created during iTunes account creation).
TIP If you don’t have a credit card, you can use an iTunes gift card and add it to your account to buy a SketchBook subscription.
NOTE If you have a promo code to redeem, see How do I redeem a promo code?
3. Download and install SketchBook from the Mac App Store
NOTE We have not created an SketchBook account, yet! We can use an iOS device or a desktop computer to create a SketchBook account.
4a. Create a SketchBook account (iOS)
We downloaded SketchBook (the desktop version) from the Mac Store, but we don’t have a SketchBook account to get the Pro subscription features.
4b. Create an account using a desktop computer
5. SketchBook Support: Resetting your password
In this section, we will reset password on your sketchbook.com account, then we will change it back to the preferred (original) password.
The Accounts Settings are where you can change your password and edit your email. We will be using the following passwords in the video demo:
Update it to the preferred (original) Password
Here are the steps:
NOTE This will work if you know your password. If you forgot your password, you can log a ticket to us.
1. Go to: https://accounts.autodesk.com
2. Log in using your email address.
3. Click on the Edit Profile button, then go to the Security Settings tab, tap the Change Password button, change your password, and save it.
NOTE If you entered the wrong email address when you created your account, at this point, you would tap the Change Email button, update your email address, and save it.
4. Go to http://www.sketchbook.com and log in using your new email address.
6. Going Pro through the Mac App Store
You will launch SketchBook (App Store version) > My Account & Sign Up > SketchBook Login > Apple iTunes Login > Buy & Confirm.
7. Changing your renewal for your SketchBook subscription in iTunes
Here are the instructions for changing your subscription renewal: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204939
8. Log into SketchBook (Mac App Store) to access Pro features
9. Update SketchBook from sketchbook.com
TIP The latest updates are uploaded to www.sketchbook.com sooner than the MacApp Store. Apple needs to check the app before it can be published in their store.
Download your SketchBook software for these locations:
Windows 10 (Mobile)
10. Saving options for SketchBook MAS vs. sketchbook.com
To see the difference, we need to setup an iCloud account. When you save files in the desktop Mac Store version of SketchBook, you can save the files into your iCloud Drive.
11. Login to SketchBook (Desktop/Mobile) to use access the Pro features