As part of your SketchBook subscription, you can run SketchBook on all supported devices, at no additional cost. The functionality will be determined based on your subscription level (free or paid).
This article covers the follow topics:
- The different versions of SketchBook
- How to purchase a subscription
- How to load the subscription version on all devices
- How to change your credit card information
- Related Topics
If you want to view your receipt, reset your password, renew or cancel your subscription, check out Account Settings.
The different versions of SketchBook
There are two version of SketchBook:
- Free – This version of SketchBook comes with the essential toolset of standard brushes (plus two Copic® markers), simple layer editing, a blending brush, and rulers to bring your drawings to the next level.
- Subscription (paid) – This is the full featured version of SketchBook:
- You can run it on all your machines (Windows/Mac – as long as they meet the system requirements) and devices (iOS/Android).
- It is the ideal creative companion for any digital artist and includes the all-new Perspective guides, FlipBook, Symmetry tools, full Copic® Color Library, customizable brushes, unlimited layers, Steady Stroke, Magic wand selection tool, and more.
- There are two subscription durations to choose from: monthly and yearly. For the latest prices, go to www.sketchbook.com and scroll to the bottom of the page.
How to purchase a subscription
If you have checked out the trial, here’s what you do:
1. In the SketchBook menu bar, select My Account > Subscription.
2. In the new window, tap Buy.
3. On the next screen, tap Buy and select the monthly or yearly option.
4. Fill in the required information and follow the instructions.
Once you have finished with your purchase, click here if you have questions for what to do once you’ve purchased your subscription.
If you don’t want to bother with the trial, but just get started:
1. Go to www.sketchbook.com and click the Download Free button. The installer will automatically download onto your desktop.
NOTE If you are running on Windows and the wrong version downloads (32-bit when you are on a 64-bit machine), just click the orange link to the correct version (Win 32-bit or Win 64-bit).
2. Click the installer and run it. Follow the instructions.
3. Tap the SketchBook icon on your desktop to launch SketchBook.
NOTE At this point, you are running the Free version.
5. Tap Buy again and select either monthly or annual membership.
6. Fill in your details to create your Autodesk account, tap Log In, and follow the instructions.
TIP Keep a record of the email address or social media account used and password, as you’ll need them in the future to access your account information.
How to load the subscription version on all devices
Click here for instructions on how to run SketchBook on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
How to change your credit card information
NOTE If you purchased your subscription through the Mac App Store, you need to go the App Store to your Account Info to change your credit card information.
In Account Settings, select the Update button and enter the new credit card information.
After entering the new credit card information, click on Update to save the change.
The saving process will begin…
The Account Settings page will refresh and your credit card information should be updated.