Do you have layer questions? Each platform of SketchBook has slightly different layer features. Some platforms only offer layers in the subscription version. Others have a limited or unlimited number of layers, depending on the version (free or subscription).
Find the platform you are using to get information on its layer features:
If you want to transfer images containing files, check out this article: How do you transfer images with layers.
Layers in the desktop version
For basic layer information, such as what are layers and how do you access them, start with Layer basics. All general layer information for the desktop version of SketchBook can be found in the Using layers menu. Otherwise, check out these articles on layers in the Desktop version:
- How do I use layers?
- How can I organize my layers?
- How can I merge, clear, or add an image to a layer?
- Can I group layers together?
- How do I blend layers?
- How can I change the transparency of a layer?
- How to transform or distort everything on a layer?
For a PDF guide for layers, check out Working with layers in SketchBook.
Layers in the Windows 10 versions
To access the Layers menu in the SketchBook for Windows 10 help, click here. Otherwise, check out these articles on layers in the Windows 10 version:
Layers in the mobile version
To access the Layers menu in the SketchBook for Mobile help, click here. Otherwise, check out these articles on layers in the mobile version:
- How to use layers
- Layer editing tools
- Blending layers
- Merging layers
- Adding layers
- Reordering layers
- Showing and hiding layers
- How to preserve layer transparency, so you paint only where pixels exist
- Setting a background color
- Changing layer opacity
- How many layers does the Mobile version offer?