As part of your SketchBook subscription, you can run SketchBook on all supported devices, at no additional cost. The functionality will be determined based on your subscription level (free or paid).
This article covers the follow SketchBook subscription topics:
- The different versions of SketchBook
- How to purchase subscription
- Where can I download SketchBook for desktop?
- Where can I download SketchBook for mobile or Windows 10?
- How do I redeem a promo code?
- How to load the subscription version on all devices
- How to change your credit card information
- How do I renew my subscription?
- Related Topics
If you want to view your receipt, reset your password, renew or cancel your subscription, check out Quick start guide to SketchBook subscription [Mac App Store Version] or Quick Start Guide to SketchBook subscription.
The different versions of SketchBook
There are two version of SketchBook:
- Free – This version of SketchBook comes with the essential toolset of standard brushes (plus two Copic® markers), simple layer editing, a blending brush, and rulers to bring your drawings to the next level.
- Subscription (paid) – This is the full featured version of SketchBook:
- You can run it on all your machines (Windows/Mac – as long as they meet the system requirements) and devices (iOS/Android).
- It is the ideal creative companion for any digital artist and includes the all-new Perspective guides, FlipBook, Symmetry tools, full Copic® Color Library, customizable brushes, unlimited layers, Steady Stroke, Magic wand selection tool, and more.
- There are two subscription durations to choose from: monthly and yearly. For the latest prices, go to www.sketchbook.com and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Where can I download SketchBook for desktop?
1. Go to www.sketchbook.com and click the Download Free Trial button.
2. Enter the required information in the dialog that follows.
3. Tap Download Now. The installer will automatically download onto your desktop.
NOTE If you are running on Windows and the wrong version downloads (32-bit when you are on a 64-bit machine), just click the orange Download for link for the correct version (Win 32-bit or Win 64-bit).
4. Click the downloaded file and run it. Follow the instructions.
NOTE If you cannot find the file, look in your Downloads folder.
5. Tap the SketchBook icon on your desktop to launch SketchBook.
IMPORTANT You are running the Free version.
At this point, you have three choices:
- You can start using the Free version of SketchBook immediately. It contains a sub-set of tools.
- You can try the free trial of SketchBook. It gives you the chance to try all the Pro tools for 15-day for free. At the end of the trial, your software will revert to the Free sub-set version. Tap Free Trial to get started.
- You can buy a subscription. Tap Ready to buy? and follow the instructions.
Where can I download SketchBook for mobile or Windows 10?
You can find the latest versions of SketchBook at the links below:
If you are looking for older versions of SketchBook, check out the article, Finding older versions of Autodesk SketchBook.
How to purchase subscription
If you have checked out the trial, here’s what you do from within SketchBook:
1. In the SketchBook menu bar, select My Account > SketchBook Subscription.
2. In the new window, tap Ready to buy or Buy.
3. On the next screen, tap Buy and select the monthly or yearly option.
4. Fill in the required information and follow the instructions.
Once you have finished with your purchase, click here if you have questions for what to do once you’ve purchased your subscription.
How do I redeem a promo code?
2. Select a payment option.
3. You will be re-directed to the purchase/check-out page, where you will find the promo code location to enter your code. Click Have a promo code?
NOTE Be sure to avoid entering spaces before or after the code is entered.
4. Enter the promo code and click Apply. You will be prompted to enter your credit card and billing address info.
Your purchase total should reflect the discount.
Now what do I do?
Click here for instructions on how to run the app on Desktop, iOS, and Android.
How to load the subscription version on all devices
Click here for instructions on how to run SketchBook on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Do I have to be online to use the Pro features, once I’ve sign up?
Once you’ve successfully logged in for the first time and loaded the Pro features, you no longer need to be online. SketchBook will remain with Pro features unlocked until your subscription expires or you sign out.
In the case where you are not logged in, you need to have a wi-fi connection to log back in for the Pro features to be loaded back in.
How to change your credit card information
NOTE If you purchased your subscription through the Mac App Store, you need to go the App Store to your Account Info to change your credit card information.
In Account Settings, select the Update button and enter the new credit card information.
After entering the new credit card information, click on Update to save the change.
The saving process will begin…
The Account Settings page will refresh and your credit card information should be updated.
How do I renew my subscription?
Your subscription will automatically be renewed. We will remind you before it expires. If you intend to renew your subscription, do nothing and it will resume with the same options as your previous plan. Just ensure your credit card is still valid and its information, such as the expiry date, is accurate.
Click here for subscription management settings.
See other related links:
Mac App Store policy
- I purchased a subscription… now how do I use the app?
- How do I get my invoice for SketchBook subscription?
- Where can I find the installers and latest updates to run the subscription version of SketchBook?
- The Trial